Thursday, December 27, 2012

Facebooking with Kate

 
Sheena, I don't understand your motive for this letter, and am immensely curious. Why do you think our First Nations brothers and sister would ask us to leave? I would hope they would ask us to join? Also, why Norway?
 
Later that night on facebook:
 
Hey, Kate. Mostly being cheeky with my letter to Norway saying that we are technically in breach of contract and it would be within the FN treaty partner's right to say, "You don't pay up, you have to leave." Trying to say something new, bring more advocates to the table, see if anyone with power is listening. I think Harper may listen to the international community more than us because it's not an election year...

Kate Hersberger
I do like your idea of asking other federal governments for input. I worry about keeping it positive though is all and showing solidarity as opposed to more division of any kind, but I get the cheeky angle.
 
Sheena Koops
I just think we need to get as many angles going as possible because I'm not sure what will stick, what will actually be listened to. I know it's a little risky using sarcasm or humour... but I don't have a review committee, I'm just putting it out there. feeling a little fragile tonight, exhausted, etc. uggg.
 
Kate Hersberger
Yes I understand. Got to keep personal perspective too. I realized I needed to do what I can and not necessarily all that I want. So I have picked three things for now. 1) Keeping posted about rallies I may be able to attend and or help in. 2) writing one letter/email per day. 3) wearing my little homemade pin with your quote "Nation to Nation Servant to Servant Harper meet Spence". this I will wear until Harper meets with her. I may change or add to or subtract from my participation but for today (all that I have) this is what I can do, for if I let my self or my family out of the picture, I will be missing part of what matters. You are precious and perfect. Hug the youth in your house for this is why Chief Spence does what she does. For the youth. Breathe and wrap your arms around your own heart too. much love
 
Sheena Koops
Ah, Kate. Thank you. This is what I did today. I took an email/facebook/computer break and did housework. I feel way better now. I also heard back from the first MLA, an NDP guy from Saskatoon, so I feel like someone is listening. We're off to the farm tomorrow, so there will be more downtime. I really appreciate your three prong approach. That's just awesome. I sang tonight at the ski hill, so that was an outlet, too. just rambling now. Looking at dresses with victoria. By the way, you and Daisy are on our invitation list. Yay!!!! Hugs to you and your beautiful ones. Let's coffee date sometime soon. I see you as a "critical friend" (this is an action research term which means a mentor-friend who not only supports, but challenges... does not mean negative but seeing all sides.) Love you. Sheena
 
Sheena Koops
Hey Kate, can I post our little back and forth conversation for my thursday blog?
 
Kate Hersberger
Sure of course. Talk soon. Houseful. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment