Monday, September 7, 2015

As Long as the Grass Grows 2015 on YouTube

I am happy to share "As Long as the Grass Grows: A Treaty Song from Saskatchewan" on YouTube as our community prepares to host the 29th Annual Treaty Four Gathering in Fort Qu'Appelle, September 14-20, 2015.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ2qI2SKzpA&feature=youtu.be

With special thanks to my friends, Keitha Brass and Charlene Tupone, as well as my husband, Michael Koops.

A special thank you to Elder Alma Poitras and her sister Delma for help with translation, and Alma's vocals, too.

Thank you to Felicity Sweet Nokusis and Doug Song for vocals and bass, respectively.

Thank you to Gord Barnes and Jim Hutchings for having us on Amnesty International Regina Human Rights Radio.

2 comments:

  1. I woke up with this song running through my head this morning. What an awesome way to wake up, thinking about Treaty!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful song and video, Sheena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, Dani! I have great hopes and dreams for a generation of young teachers, like you, to wake up, thinking about Treaty with thankfulness.

      Delete